We Respect Knowledge.
We Respect Other Anglers.
We Respect the Resource.
We Respect the Future.
We Respect the Fish.
We respect knowledge and pledge to:
- Fish with an in-depth knowledge of the species we pursue and the fisheries we utilize.
- Understand and employ sustainable fishing techniques and gear, even if it challenges us.
- Understand and follow local customs and practices associated with the fisheries we utilize.
- Be aware of our fishing skills and equipment limitations and continually strive to improve them.
We respect other anglers and outdoor enthusiasts and pledge to:
- Share the waters equally with others whether they are fishing or engaging in other outdoor activities.
- Never compete, interfere with, or encroach upon other anglers while they are in pursuit of fish.
We respect the resource and pledge to:
- Obey all applicable laws and regulations. Obtain appropriate tags and licenses. Obey harvest and possession limits.
- Adhere to honorable behavior beyond the scope of law and in a way that will not compromise long-term integrity of the fish populations or habitat.
- Limit unnecessary advantages in our pursuit and never employ unethical fishing methods or gear.
- Obtain permission from landowners and never trespass on private lands or waters.
- Never spill or dump gasoline, oil or other pollutants on land or into the water.
- Never leave trash behind.
We respect the future and pledge to:
- Never abuse, monopolize or privatize our public resources.
- Share the attitudes, skills and principles essential to fair chase pursuit of fish.
- Foster and nurture ethical, respectful and honorable behavior in young or beginner anglers.
- Share this “code” with other anglers.
We respect the fish and pledge to:
- Do all in our power to ensure the healthy release of fish not intended for consumption.
- Harvest only the fish needed for consumption.
- Properly handle harvested fish to avoid waste.
- Practice and promote the spirit and principles of fair chase, and insist angling companions do likewise.